Thursday, June 24, 2010

My First Day!

Hello Blog World!

"Today is the first day of the rest of my life!" I woke up this morning and could not wait to log on to my computer to get started on my new blog. For over a month now, I have spent night after night looking at all the amazing blog pages and have discovered a whole new world ... one I want to be a part of! I have discovered a community of amazing and talented women who converge from all over the world to share their stories, artistic talents and inspirational messages ... you have opened up a world of imagination and possibilities. I am not sure today what direction I am heading, but what I do know is that I am going forward which I have not done for many years.

I have always wanted to work in mixed media, collages and enjoy putting things together to form something unique and beautiful. Photography, a definite love of mine, yet one in which I have never dabbled in. Actually, I do not even own a camera, although that could change very quickly! A photo can tell the story of a life ... one picture can say a thousand words. A black and white photo or sepia toned picture of a face or a pair of hands can tell you everything about a person. Their life story can be captured in a click of a lens.

These are all possibilities that await me and it is now up to me to face the fears that have prevented me from living my dream. One fear at a time, one small step at a time. Today IS the first day of the rest of my life! Thank you to all the women who have and continue to inspire me!

0 comments: