Tuesday, December 21, 2010

4 Days Away

Well with Christmas just 4 days away, I guess we cannot postpone our gift shopping, food shopping or putting those last trims of decoration up. It came so fast this year. Seems I just moved to Texas and now its Christmas in Texas ... our first one away from home, our California home and family. I will sure miss them, getting together, and just spending time with each other. We have our Texas family and they are loads of fun so I know the holidays will be filled up with things to do.

But as much as the holidays are full of excitement and merriment, for me, they are also filled with sadness. This is the 5th Christmas my son will not be with us. I can remember when my kids would all wait till everyone was up and then all rush into open presents .. even when they are older, I loved seeing the excitement on their faces. Nothing brings me more joy. And oh I remember Erich had this certain laugh he would do every time he opened a gift..the girls do it now!! With all the excitement of gifts theres still that hole, that emptiness that Erich filled. He loved Christmas so much ... I know in my heart his Christmas is even better than ours, but on this very special day of the year that does not bring me much consolation; my heart breaks that he is not here. I will however put those feelings inside of me, and make this a wonderful and happy day for my girls as they deserve all the happiness in the world.


Tomorrow is cookie baking day at my cousin Jamie's house so cannot wait. Yummy cookies and fudge, and seven layer bars, almond roca ...oh I cannot wait to taste each of them!


I want to wish all of you women out there a very Merry Christmas ... one filled with much wonder and joy!



0 comments: