Sunday, October 24, 2010

Old Cemeteries

Who would 0f ever thought that one day I would go visiting old cemeteries with my daughter, mom,dad and cousin? Well I did the other day and it was one of the more interesting days I have had in a long time. It is such a strange feeling to be standing on top of or next to a relative who lived over 200 years ago and the grave marker still stands. To find out where my great grandparents and great-great grandparents are buried and once lived.

We also visited several towns my dad's family grew up in and visited quite often ... Wortham and Coolidge Texas. Can't say I would live in Coolidge but definitely can see living in a small town like Wortham.


My dad has been working on genealogy for so long and even has stories about these relatives. What an amazing thing he has done for the family by putting together the "JONES" genealogy history.


It was so cool too to see my daughter and the interest she took in this and she is only 19. It meant so much to my dad to have us all there with him as we visited our long lost relatives ... they are not really lost, they have been found and the stories will continue as long as the Jones family keeps them alive!

0 comments: